Sunday, July 27, 2014

Introduction

Hello all, and welcome to the Headlight Brick, a blog about Lego, Lego pieces, and the Lego hobby. Here I'll be posting design techniques, definitions of common Lego acronyms, reviews of official sets, and anything else Lego that crosses my desk.

For this first post, though, I'd like to go into a brief bit of detail about who I am and why I'm still playing with plastic bricks when there's so much that I really should get done. I am the eldest son in a very large family, attending college with a major in accounting. I'm a lifelong geek and proud of the title, and I'm a self-taught musician.

As for the Lego's, our family bought a lot of the bulk brick-buckets and basic sets as toys for the kids when I was growing up, and as the years went by Lego's were a favorite birthday and Christmas gift. The BIONICLE theme gets special credit for keeping Lego's on my radar for many years, but it was the need to visualize the ships in a science-fiction writing project that really brought me back to Lego in a serious way. In the last year, I have become fully involved in the Lego community and an avid builder and collector, and a determined student of the various techniques and methods used by Lego builders worldwide.

At the moment, I am deeply invested in the various iterations of Lego's Space themes, ranging from one of the Classic Space sets from the eighties, to the little known but pioneering theme Spyrius from the mid-nineties, to the current Lego Space offering, Galaxy Squad. I prefer to build in the colors Dark Red, Dark Bluish Gray (also known as New Dark Gray), and Black. I still own several BIONICLE's, and I have a few Lego Star Wars sets and a couple of little-used but much-loved Lego Trains.

I will attempt to update this blog once or twice a week, or as often as I can compose a post. Happy building!

I'm the guy behind glass.

2 comments:

  1. So I have to ask have you tried Minecraft? It lacks the physical aspect of legos but still lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I haven't, actually. I've heard good things about it, though, so maybe I'll give it a try sometime soon!

      Delete